Problems deleting or uninstalling Microsoft Windows programs or directiories
If you've got here because you are having problems trying to delete or removing programs (or directories) from your Windows system, we have a very simple solution. It does not involve installing 3rd party programs with the inherent virus risk. The solution is very simple.
Microsoft provide an uninstall wizard that removes programs without running into permissions problems or errors.
Follow these simple steps:
- Download * https://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall/en-us
- Run File Explorer
- Open Downloads and double click on
MicrosoftFixit.ProgramInstallUninstall.MATSKB.Run.exeto run the program
- Once the standard agreements has been accepted, chose the option to make your own decisions and then select the program you wish to uninstall.
One annoying attribute to this program is that there does not seem to be a way to delete multiple programs in one move to the program has to be run multiple times to remove multiple programs.
This wizard fixes problems where Windows programs cannot be installed or uninstalled
- Corrupted registry keys on 64-bit operating systems
- Corrupted registry keys that control the update data
- Problems that prevent new programs from being installed
- Problems that prevent existing programs from being completely uninstalled or updated
- Problems that block you from uninstalling a program through the Add or Remove Programs (or Programs and Features) item in Control Panel
According to Microsoft, this wizard runs on the following platforms, including ones that are no longer supported.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Vista
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2012 editions
- Windows Server 2012 R2
Oh Microsoft, if only you used a decent underlying OS, like Unix then we wouldn't need programs to allow us to delete files!