Error 12, Sony STR DG520 Multi Channel AV Receiver
Error 12, Push Enter mid-way through DCAC Auto Calibration
After performing the Auto Calibration to set the channel volume levels using the external optimiser microphone, The DCAC auto calibreation ends abrupty with the message
Error 12 ... Push Enter
The only 'Enter' button is on the remote control and pressing it does not clear this fault message.
I also noticed that during the calibration procedure, the volume levels were unusually high - good thing I was out of the room at the time!
- Switch the amplifier off using the power button on the front of the amplifier.
- Wait a few seconds
- Press and hold the 2CH button on the front of the amplifier
- Switch the power on using the power button on the front of the amplifier.
- S.F. Clear is displayed showing that the sound field levels have been reset.
- Ensure the microphone is plugged in firmly
- Perform the DCAC Auto Calibration again. Page 27 of the user manual
Sony STR DG520 Multi Channel AV Receiver error codes and causes
- ERROR 10: The environment is too noisy. Make sure the environment is quiet during Auto Calibration.
- ERROR 11: The speakers are placed too near the optimizer microphone. Place your speakers further away from the optimizer microphone.
- ERROR 12: None of the speakers are detected. Make sure that the optimizer microphone is connected properly and perform Auto Calibration again.:
- ERROR 20: Front speakers are not detected or only one front speaker is detected. Check the front speakers connection.
- ERROR 21: Only one surround speaker is detected. Check the surround speakers connection.